How to Upload a Wallpaper Image to 2012 or 2013 Honda Civic i-MID
The Intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID) feature is sort of like “command-central” for your Honda, it shows vital driving information such as current mpg, trip range, text messages and even driving directions if you’ve opted for the available navigation system. But the i-MID also offers some cool settings that let you personalize your display (on its beautiful high-resolution color TFT LCD screen) via the Import Wallpaper functionality.
So here’s a quick step by step guide to get that great picture of your kids, dog, favorite vacation photo or whatever you’d like on your Honda Civic i-MID display. These instructions will work on both 2012 and 2013 model years.
What You’ll Need:
The image - The image format should be JPEG (.jpg) or BMP (.bmp) with a maximum pixel size of 1,920 X 936, and a maximum file size of 2MB.
A flash drive – (also known as a thumb drive, USB, memory stick)
- Make sure your wallpaper image file(s) is in the root menu of the flash drive (not in a folder). Images in folders cannot be accessed.
- File name – keep it short and sweet – 64 characters or less.
Step-by-Step Instructions for Importing Wallpaper Image From a USB:
- Plug the flash drive into the USB port (located under the arm rest).
- Start car.
- Hit the “Menu” button (located on the steering wheel controls)
- Scroll down to “Customized Settings” using the down button (-) on your steering wheel controls. Make selections by hitting the “SOURCE” button in the middle.
- Select “Display Setup.”
- Select “Import Wallpaper.”
- Scroll and select the desired image file for upload.
- Select the middle (SOURCE) button to save image.
- Select a location for your image (Image 1, Image 2 or Image 3).
- Scroll to “Select Wallpaper.”
- Select the image you just saved (i.e. Image 1, Image 2 or Image 3).
- Exit out to main screen.
- When the above steps are completed, you can use the “Scroll” button on your steering wheel controls to display your desired wallpaper image:
Here’s a wallpaper image I uploaded to a 2013 Civic in our showroom:
And that’s it! Nice and easy- happy wallpapering!
If you have any questions please stop by Keenan Honda in Doylestown, PA, give us a call at 877-621-4216 or visit our website.
Posted on October 31, 2013, in Honda Civic, How To and tagged 2012 Honda Civic IMID, 2013 Honda Civic IMID, IMID Display Honda Civic, IMID Wallpaper Honda Civic, Upload image on Civic IMID. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.